Monday, January 23, 2012

Pteron

The "Blue Labyrinth" of Pteron

The Linden Universe is filled with wonders, and I have come to suspect that no matter how long I travel through i,t I may never exhaust its possibilities. After leaving behind the cold, foggy streets of Cranberry Cove, the Fallen Hour took me to Pteron, the site of fantastic, awe-inspiring ruins that might have been some sort of city, religious complex, or work of art. Perhaps all three at once. Perhaps something altogether different. There is a truly numinous quality to the place, and noumenal as well, for what can be seen of it by the senses suggests some even greater mystery behind it.

Into the ruins

I arrived in what I will call now the Blue Labyrinth, a maze of elevated stairs and walkways that wind endlessly and often abruptly stop. Overhead were luminous wheel-like structures that may in fact have been living things...I have no idea. Likewise, in the depths of the city I found more luminous creatures that seemed to be organisms, but who took no notice of me.

Note the strange luminous wheels turning over the city...organisms of some sort?

More luminous beings beneath the city

In the center I found a complex that may perhaps have been designed for humanoids in proportion to a Terran or Gallifreyan. This was the only portion of the ruins of Pteron that in any way seemed recognizable to me. The rest was wholly alien.

A humanoid scale complex

With Humanoid scale Furnishings

In the Blue Labyrinth I came across a transmat system that teleported me to floating islands far above. Here the architecture was markedly different, and decidedly less human. My sense of the place was that is served some symbolic, religious function.

I have only scratched the surface of Pteron, and will definitely be back this way again.

The Transmat System







No comments:

Post a Comment